Have you ever wanted to learn how eliminating negative thoughts will change how you see everything?
Do you struggle with negative thoughts?
Do you listen to talk radio or news stations like CNN or Fox News? If so you may be unconsciously creating a negative attitude and begin to live in fear the stories you hear coming true.
If you are listening to these programs on a daily basis you are bombarding your mind with negativity and if you pay attention you will notice yourself sharing what you have heard from these sources with your family friends and acquaintances. By listening to so much negative information you are unconsciously programming yourself to see life from a negative point of view and will change how you live your life on a daily basis and how you see your future.
Stop right now and take an inventory of how many sources of media you listen to or watch on the internet or social media.
How many did you come up with?
I came up with 5 things that used to bombard my thoughts every day.
- Rush Limbaugh: I would listen to his show every morning and noticed that every theme no matter what day was negative. What the President did wrong, what this senator said or did wrong and how it is going to ruin this country.
- Fox News: If I heard of a story I would watch Fox News or CNN News to get the latest details and hear from an expert on the topic of how damaging it was to our government or our society.
- Political and community posts on social media: I found myself daily getting emotional about a post on Facebook or Twitter or a group I belong to about something in the new or in my community and most of the opinions were focused on the negative without any comments about a positive solution.
- Talking or thinking about negative things about other people: I constantly found myself looking at people and picking out what was wrong with what they were doing or what they were wearing.
- Holding grudges against other people who have wronged and hurt me or wronged and hurt someone I love.
Thes five things I was doing on a regular basis were causing me to create and generate a negative vibe where ever I went. It took me a while to learn this valuable lesson but when I learned how these habits were damaging my future and possibility the future of my children and my friends.
So what is the solution to repelling the negativity in our media and our society?
One solution I found is to go on a mental diet, a Seven Day Mental Diet. This one simple tool allowed me to become an observer of the thoughts I think and substitute them for a positive thought. This tool can transform a negative attitude into a positive mental attitude.
For example; If I see a girl who is dressed in bright colored clothes and has blue hair and is expressing her opinion about something she believes in my old negative self-talk would say ” That girl is just trying to make people notice her and like her by dressing so outrageously and coloring her hair blue”.
But by becoming an observer of my thoughts I can now substitute these negative thoughts with the positive thought; “Wow I admire this person’s unique way of expressing herself and it so wonderful that she is not trying to look like someone else because she is not someone else, she is a uniquely created being that was hand made by her creator and has gifts talents and abilities that are unique to her and no one else.”
Using this tool is called the law of substitution and is a tool that you can master only through daily practice.
If you find yourself in my shoes constantly being bombarded by negative thoughts you can help yourself by starting the Seven Day Mental Diet now.
If you would like a copy of the diet you can find it on my website. The-Seven-Day-Mental-Diet-MKE
Please leave me a comment on this topic and share your experience if you decide to go on the diet.